On Tuesday, March 18th, Little Opera will throw its first ever annual gala where we’ll find out what happens when some of the Bay Area’s most talented opera singers perform an opera created by children. And you’re invited.
The featured opera, An Accidental Trip to Candyland, was written by seven local kids, aged 8-10, during the course of Little Opera’s 2012-2013 season. The students worked in collaboration with New York based composer Kristin Hevner Wyatt, and the resulting opera is mysterious, silly, dreamy, and moving.
Be prepared to forever dismiss the notion that opera is not for everyone. Because these kids nailed it!
The Little Details
Tuesday, March 18th 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Performance at 7:30pm
@ Chartio (map)
445 Bryant Street (between 2nd and 3rd)
San Francisco, CA 94107
The top 10 reasons we’d love to see you there
- 100% of all Gala proceeds go straight to Little Opera’s Scholarship and Tuition Assistance fund.
- 88% of this year’s Little Opera students received tuition assistance or full scholarships. We don’t just talk about making opera accessible to all — we make sure it is.
- The likes of Wendy Buzby, Jimmy Kansau, Danielle Levin, and Claire Shaw will be singing. If you have not yet heard their voices, you are in for a treat.
- Between drawing scenery, donning operatic costumes to take polaroids, and creating your own musical compositions, you will not be bored.
- You could be inspired to write a Little Opera of your own. Which it just so happens we can help you with.
- Sneak peeks may be had of the Season 3 Little Operas currently being written.
- There will be cameos. Everyone loves a cameo.
- There will be food. Delicious food.
- There will be wine. Delicious wine.
- This is not a Gala where you have to dress up. But you can if you want to.
Explore the opera: An accidental trip to Candyland
Thank you to our event sponsor
Chartio is award-winning cloud business intelligence for developers and businesses. It connects to the world’s most popular data sources, allowing you to work with your data in real time, over a web browser, from any location or device. Through our powerful chart-creator interface, create great-looking dashboards that are easy to use, simple to present to your teammates, and quick to set up. Sign up for your free trial today at www.chartio.com.