Goal: Strengthen and continue to build the diverse, creative community of our:
- Students & Families
– Grow racial and economic diversity company wide in order to achieve a multiplicity of cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
– Expand current enrollment to 50 students.
– Increase opportunities for teaching artists and parents to get to know one another.
– Host more events that encourage a sense of community among students, parents, and teachers.
– Extend the number of students served through short-term workshops in preparation for opening a second site.
- Teaching Team
– Hire core team as part-time employees in order to increase job security and benefits.
– Hire a part-time program manager to increase administrative capacity.
– Add a visual artist to the core team.
– Increase pay rates across the board.
– Offer paid sick leave & benefits (such as financial advising, 401k, health insurance, use of office space for private teaching, 1-month paid sabbatical after 3-4 years, profit sharing, and/or other allowances such as continuing education for lessons/workshops, CSA boxes, gym membership, commuter checks).
– Create more chances for donors to interact with the program and see the process in action
Goal: Build financial health and increase resource development
- Enlarge the number of individual gifts and total dollars raised.
- Increase the diversity of earned income.
- Explore – and potentially expand – funding from foundations and corporate giving.
- Strengthen our relationships with San Francisco Conservatory of Music and West portal, the organizations that we rely on for space.
- Work towards securing a permanent home base for Little Opera in San Francisco.
Goal: Build a broader awareness around the company and its mission
- Increase company visibility on the individual and institutional levels.
- Expand knowledge of and connections with local government programs such as DCYF.
- Reach new schools and neighborhoods outside of West Portal.
- Familiarize ourselves with neighborhood centers that could increase company awareness.
- Cultivate an extended life for the work students make, and disseminate it more broadly.